Narrow field module (24 ECTS)
Give general knowledge in natural sciences and the related application fields.
- MTMS.01.049, Basic Course on Probability and Statistics (3 ECTS)
- LTTI.00.004, Basics of electronics (5 ECTS)
- LTMR.08.002, Biochemistry (6 ECTS)
- LTMR.03.001, Genetics (6 ECTS)
- LTTI.00.008, Systems Biology (4 ECTS)
Obligatory for all students studying in the curriculum.
A student that has completed the module:
- Understands, how to model cellular processes based on biochemistry and experimental data of cell biology;
- Has basic knowledge of structural and functional biochemistry, and possesses an overview of the reactions and regulation of significant metabolic pathways;
- Has basic knowledge of the principles of classical genetics and basic knowledge of molecular genetics; has an overview of the molecular genetics of specific genetic systems, is familiar with the main methods of molecular genetics, and knows the main principles of population genetics;
- Has both theoretical and practical basic knowledge of electricity and magnetism; Is familiar with the tools of statistical data processing.